Friday, October 22, 2010

Mirador del Fito, Asturias {Part III of VI}

Day 2 of my roadtrip basically involved driving east from Gijón, and eventually arriving at a little village, situated somewhere in the valley below the Picos de Europa (Peaks of Europe). At this point, I must say that the weather was not looking great and thick clouds were hanging overhead.

But of course, I couldn't resist the sound of the obscure miradors calling out to me en-route. {Well actually they are clearly indicated in my trusty travel bible, the Michelin Atlas}.



I had to indulge in a little clicky clicky, but yet not spend too much time off course. Nonetheless I decided to make a quick stop at Mirador del Fito, a scenic viewing point marked by the blue star in-between the 2 red stars which are my beginning and ending points.

Here's what I saw, a panorama of the Asturian landscape...






Above: Stairway to a buena vista & fresh air...


Above: View of the mountain ranges of Sueve.


Above: View of the coast of Colunga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails