Monday, May 23, 2011

Travel Inspiration

Hola! Look who I bumped into on the streets of Madrid this past weekend...



I’m sure you might have heard or read stories about exceptional individuals who stand out because they have the courage to defy their own disabilities or odds to achieve remarkable feats. Well I met one such person yesterday.

His name is Vladimir A. Yarets - a plucky 70 year old man from Belarus who followed his heart and embarked on his dream to travel round the world on his bike. Oh, and by the way, Vladimir is deaf.

Vladimir started his journey since the year 2000 and has come a long way since. (He's also been to my Motherland, Singapore!) I hope his courage and determination will lead him to fulfil his dream and perhaps earn him a spot in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Check out his website to read his story and follow his progress!

Here's to travels!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails