Monday, May 31, 2010

Mirador de Uña, Cuenca Province

Leaving el Ventano del Diablo and continuing on through the winding mountainous road, I finally arrived at La Ciudad Encantada - The Enchanted City. As we parked the car at a clearing opposite the entrance to the park, I noticed two ladies walking out from the woods.

My curiosity got the better of me and so I asked them what’s there inside. They told me to follow the path and walk 1.5km into the woods where I’ll find a spectacular viewing point looking out towards the mountains of Cuenca.



So 1.5km later, true enough I reached an open space, and a gorgeous panorama emerges.


Above: Standing at an area called ‘Mirador de Uña’ (viewing point of Uña), you'll be greeted by the view of the magnificent mountains of Cuenca, stretching horizontally like a massive, natural wall.

Looking closer, I noticed a little settlement at the foot of the mountains.


Above: The seemingly tranquil town of Uña with a beautiful lake next to it, as seen from the viewing point. Lovely!

I imagine being down there, paddling a boat or something...but not now, not today.
I'm heading to the Enchanted City!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your recommendations...I am going soon to this region and I'll visit all the places you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails